Friday, June 17, 2005

To blog promote or not: reviews

I know I am an ego maniac when it used to come to monitoring my usage stats for my rock band's websites, I still pop in every once in awhile to see what keywords people googled, etc. but don't bother updating the sites as much:
A: no shows B: no real activity to announce. (Life has happened) I obviously added a banner and links to my sites so people could find me if they really wanted to. (duh) [If you know where this is going skip this entry]

So, to start promotion I of course hit up google and found this list of sites that offer traffic building programs. The result I found most useful was on miriadz.com. A bunch of blog link trade type sites and credit banner programs came up. I won't know results until later after i've spent some quality time earning credits and if some of them were worth the hours for set-up, and investment of some browsing time. So we'll see what sort of traffic they generate collectively. Obviously people have these same obsessive compulsive needs to blog. Sarah did her research and can wax on for you from her post yeterday, and her counter shows her dedication at 33 thousand views. Now that is progress.

I found this pretty cool comic book/music site called stupid beautiful
after joining blogexplosion which overall had much better content and better looking blogs. The only problem I had found seemed to be cache related, as these type of sites have human click navigation, that you have to click where they dictate, in order to prove you are not a bot trying to spidering and earn false credits so others(a pyramid schema of sorts) can do the same for you. Eventhough I think this technology has been beat already and I will have to amend this post with info later after I visit the blog forum.


Another "traffic" builder I tried was blog clicker which left me we wondering where have all the creative people gone? It was easier to use, yes. but over all blogger content was on the lame side and the people's template choices left a lot to be desired, not all but most. Seemed to be less metropolitan and more middle america. Might just just be me being classist.Emoblog, was the opposite, totally striped down on purpose, which I respect aesthetically but the content of some of the random samples was fairly boring. People like eye candy, so if your're looking for advise, make sure you have something a little special, if your're not sure get an opinion from somebody else. I know boring content is going to happen so don't be prepaired to be blown away but do make sure to link to the sites you like. That is the best filter. Your're on your own for for these: Blogcrowd | Successful bloggers and report back. Would be good to know.
Have a quality day. I have to make something happen with mine.

No comments: