Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A set list for going into the afterlife


I grew up recycling and appreciating nature. I know where that influence came from. I know we're here for brief moments and I also feel there is something else. This my parents and grandparents instilled. I've seen the shows about the after but I also look at my daughter and see my grandfather's eyes. George Anderson was a gentle and generous soul. Every time I was out in California I always made it a point to visit him in the Valley of the moon. He taught me how to swing a golf club and shared a love of music. He was super kind and it showed in smile. The time before last he gave me a wood clock that he had made. I actually made him sign the back so I could one day show my daughter who was just one at the time. He was a teacher and a engineer for a time in his life and was always making stuff in his garage. Today she is two(literally) and I hope one day she can look at her kids, if she is lucky, and share something about her parents, and her parents parents, and their parents. That is the afterlife. G*d Bless the unknown and peace be with you. This is a set-list for part of the journey.

Celebratory set-list:
"With a little dub from my friends" by Easy Star All-Stars
"Tender Years" by George Jones
"Pink Moon" by Nick Drake
"No Expectations" The Stones Unplugged
"I shall be released" Jeff Buckley live on WFMU (Dylan cover)
"Silver and Gold" reimagined by Joe Strummer

Enjoy.

No comments: