Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Top 20 things from 2006 [updated]


It is the time of the year to make a list. There are various types of lists. Music, Christmas, Books, movies etc. My top 20 mixes all things from 2006.

  • 20. The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America - CD - I downloaded this one but seeing them live a few weeks ago sealed the deal for me. These guys rock and they sure can drink.

  • 19. Playing live with Avisohara one more time down in Wilminton NC, during wefest, this past May was a nice treat. In fact it was the last time I plugged an electric instrument and cranked it up. It reminded of everything I love and hate about playing in a band. Hopefully I can do this again soon in some capacity in 2007.

  • 18. The Replacements - 'Message to the boys' - single - first new song in 16 years can't be beat by anybody. For old dorks - captain's dead has bunch of older mats songs post on his mp3 blog from a comp call Boink!

  • 17. Youtube - for free distro vids like The Replacements doing "bastards of young" on SNL above.

  • 16. My Mt bike - a black Cannondale jackel - I think I road about 20 times this year and it has gotten me into healthier habits. I can't say i've been riding as much as i would like too, in particular around the holidays but I sure am going to keep trying. Once this one is beat to the ground I'm going to invest in a lefty.

  • 15. Chavez - live warsaw. My review stalker live review says most of it of what I wanted to say

  • 14. The Flaming Lips - At War With The Mystics - The "Yeah, Yeah, Yeah song says it all. it's go politics, funny video and a unpolotico message - Eventhough Chan screwed up the lyrics on this video of war pigs at sxsw-- it's still cool.

  • 13. The Pixies

  • 12. rbally.net - Jennings for posting some great live bootlegs this past year. He certainly has allowed me to re-discover a whole bunch of artists or live performances that would have just been part of dream and then forgotten. Thanks to my Pal Walter for hiping to this site.

  • 11. I am fuel you are friends - Heather's fuelfriends mp3 blog also had similar effects. I am her devoted fan. I hope there is no retribution and mp3 blog culture is able to evolve.

  • 10. mog.com - Lots of waste, excellent bloggers and a rekindled knowledge that there are other die-hard music fans out there like me. we are not alone in our addiction.

  • 09. Tapes N' Tapes - The Loon - This album was a complete surprise and a great find for me this year. I can't wait till their follow-up. I hope they don't get to discruntled with their gear loss, having had band crap stolen out of my van years ago sucks dogs balls

  • 08.

  • 07. tbd

  • 06. tbd

  • 05. tbd

  • 04. tbd

  • 03. My dog

  • 02. My Family

  • 01. My pregnant wife

No comments: