Saturday, July 29, 2006

Solo Mt bike ride today: Chimney Rock

It was hot as hell and we had a few drinks last night and a cuban cigarillo(small thin cigar) in the town of "W", somehow I got myself up, and hit trails in the 90 degree weather by 10AM. I've actually been able to keep to the program of "once" a week. Since all of the severe rain has made most of the first curly steep section really rocky and more than average trees have fallen. Some of the regular riders have wasted no time in ramping the large stumps so that is great. The hardest part is getting there, then after you get over that first 25 minute incline/hump. The adrenalin is pumping and your reflexes are on point. Total ride was almost 75 minutes and I plan on getting it up to two full hour run.

The lot was 1/3 full today which is strange I actually had a chance this past week to go on a Weds and was surprised to find the lot jammed at 6pm. I work in the city so unless I work from home and quit early there is now way in hell I would make a weekday ride. So my question is today... What in the hell do these guys do for work that they are on the trails by 5pm? Must be nice to work in Jersey. I can't imagine any of them work in the City. oh,well. I am going to have to seriously take advantage this next month of my Summer flex hrs. I have 24 left. Which is one of those nice to have perks working at an Interactive Agency that runs you into the ground; as there is no time to enjoy them. Much less plan anything ahead of time. I am going to do it.

I have a new podcast up on the djpspork site called "Jersey Boogie nights in Asbury" and working on next few shows for the summer. ~Enjoy

No comments: