Sunday, October 23, 2005

Apprentice Technology Templar: finally got 180GB back-up

I know this is really exciting but probably one of the more boring purchases I've ever made. Just moving over files from my C: drive to this cool looking silver LACIE, hooked through the slick look NYKO Usb multi port hub, is damn boring but they are both silver and at least look spacey. I supposed the real test will be to delete files in itunes and re-direct them to LACIE and see how the ipod deals with grabing file through the usb connection. The same goes for the digital camera I suppose. I remember when my first external hardrive had 500 MBs back in the day. I more excited to go downstairs and watch National Treasure with the director comments "on" and see what sort of interesting folkore and tidbits they diclose about Templars. I am an apprentice technology templar at best when it comes to knowing the details that full time IT guys go. I can hook-up and skim the technical part and then I am out of there. Secretly I wish I knew more and had more time these days. So many things to learn and the pace is blistering.