Thursday, August 18, 2005

Slip on loafers and the 12 oz beer

Sometime when walking in the city, in a rush to go nowhere life threatening, my shoes fall off. I’m afraid that this might happen before getting on a train. Down in the crevice where all that electrical crap is, It would probably be worse in the AM than PM when headed home. The solution I imagine would be to just take off the other shoe, weather permitting of course. But if it were to happen on the way to work, there could be an issue. I’ve lost my Hornsby notebook cd this way in the 23rd street Path. It just bounced down the tracks. And I schemed for weeks on a strategy to retrieve it without getting down in the muck and electrical, until it suddenly was not visible any more.

 

There are so many choices, when unplugging’ from the Big Agency, the decompression question always comes up. Is it a 12 oz train ride evening or 16 oz? Will a simple bag of chips satisfy the lunch skip or is it a biggee fry or a whole damn meal. Ah, the choices of dear old Newark Penn take-out services are almost endless.